Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hymns

Hi Folks,

I mentioned in my email that we will focus on the hymns for Mass at next practice.

Regarding the hymns:

1) Women will all sing melody, but if you have a lower voice you can sing down an octave if you like.  That way you can just sing what's in the blue missalette music book.

2) IF, however, you want to sing the alto harmony line, the Adoremus Hymnal MP3 site listed in the sidebar is a good resource for hearing what it should sound like.  Also, everything is probably on YouTube.  But, you will need a copy of the music from the red, hardbound choir hymnal.

3) I plan to sing my tenor part; Ericka may or may not sing b/c she will be playing the electro-organ.

4) There are no harmonies for Where Charity & Love Prevail - it's all unison, like a chant.

See y'all at practice (at 5:30p, unless you need the extra lesson time at 5:00p).

"Become a saint!"

P.S.: Father is trying to shoot down my Jan 1 Christmas Concert date.  He says no one will attend. I think it will be much harder to get anyone's attention after Jan 1 & I am not open at all to singing liturgical Christmas music before Christmas Day.  If you can think of another date, please let me know, b/c I just can't think of one that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment