Monday, January 17, 2011

Sacred Music Colloquim XXI

If any of you are interested in really taking a bite out of sacred music, here is an amazing opportunity: the 2010 Sacred Music Colloquium XXI in Pittsburg, PA.

Click on the pic at left for the webpage with the details.

I've only been to the weekend workshop in D.C. & was absolutely blown away, by both the amount of musical knowledge I absorbed & by the spirituality of the gathering.

The webpage includes a pretty good video about Colloquium XIX, which even has a guest appearance by East Tennessee Catholic editor & director of the Benedict XVI Schola, Mary Weaver.

I think a few of the Latin Mass choristers are hoping to attend, as do I. I think once we begin to practice our 3-voice motets (see list at right), you will be hooked & will want to learn & experience as much as possible.

BTW: I've ordered several copies of the Parish Book of Chant for our group, but it seems they are back-ordered until April! Until then, we'll just work off copies from the PDF file.

No comments:

Post a Comment